12/10/2023

"Christmas Medley" by Various Artists - Mr. P. Sings Stuff - Ep. 08

 

 

Several months ago I was approached by another member of my church to participate in a Christmas program for another local church. This individual had performed there in the past and was asked this year if he knew of any other men that would be willing to sing in a men's ensemble. We would pick whatever music we wanted and would practice on our own until the dress rehearsal before the night of the performance. Well, I agreed and this person originally wanted to just do one song and then we had a suggestion of a medley thrown at us. Not a bad proposition, but this same member who approached me decided that two songs would be enough.

Not on my watch!

I then had a random idea to then write a medley for us by taking about five different songs and smashing them together. Why? No ide! I'd never done anything like that before, but I had already committed to it and so over the course of a few nights I hammered on out in MuseScore and came up with the rough draft of the medley's you have linked above. One is an arrangement for men's trio, while the other is for quartet. Why did I write two arrangements? I dunno. The trio turned out well enough but I wanted to have a four-part harmony version as well.

Anyway, the order of songs is as follows: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!, Joy to the World!, Silent Night, Mary, Did You Know...?, and Oh, Holy Night!

I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed arranging and recording them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silent Hill 2 Remake is Woke!": Gamers Flip out Again due to Lack of Balance and Objectivity - Mr. P Talks about Stuff Ep. 01

  Nothing aggravates me more than seeing people on my side misrepresent or exaggerate their position for clicks. Even worse is when the luna...